- All prices are displayed in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of VAT @ 20% where necessary; VAT is not added for customers outside the European Union.
- Most measurements are displayed in inches, for example, 42" means 42 inches, unless otherwise stated.
- All measurements are approximate.
- All our normal width patchwork fabric is 100% cotton and is between 42” and 44” wide (106cm – 112cm) approximately, from selvedge to selvedge, unless otherwise stated. Extra-wide fabric is generally 108" wide.
Placing an Order
Simply browse through our shop, click on any items you wish to buy, if necessary select the fabric cut and quantity required (see the table below), and add them to your Shopping Cart. When you have finished browsing, click on ‘Proceed to Checkout’; you will then be asked for a few details that we need to complete the order process. You will be sent a confirmation email to let you know that we have received your order.
You are making an offer to buy goods when you place an order with us. In the unlikely event that those goods are no longer available, we will advise you of this as soon as possible, your money will be refunded if no alternative solution can be found, and there will be no contract between us.
Quilters Quest has a shop open to the public, this means that occasionally we may run out of stock on an item before our online store has been updated. In the unlikely event that this does happen we will do our utmost to re-stock the item as soon as possible; offer appropriate alternative goods; or issue a full refund. We will contact the customer to discuss the alternatives as soon as possible.
Credit Card Security
We do not collect or store any personal data in relation to credit cards. This is all handled by 2checkout & Paypal.
We recommend that you pre-wash fabric only if you are going to wash the finished project at some stage. Opinions on pre-washing fabric are wide and varied; there are pro’s and con’s to both sides of the argument but ultimately it is entirely up to you. Fabric is pre-washed to remove excess dyes and to pre-shrink the fabric - a 100% cotton project could shrink by approximately 3% when washed.
If you are going to prewash your fabrics here are some very basic rules:
- Always test a small sample of your fabric to see what effect, if any, there will be.
- Separate light and dark fabrics. Small scraps or strips should be placed in a pillowcase to reduce unravelling and tangling.
- Use a mild detergent with NO fabric softener.
- Use a short, gentle cycle at 30 degrees or less.
- When drying fabrics it is important to iron them before they have completely dried.
- Finished projects containing both light and dark fabrics are best washed in cold water to prevent colours transferring.
Pre-washing rich fabrics could cause the colour to fade slightly.
- Pre-washing will also alter the feel of your fabric.
Due to the limitations of colour printing and the large variety of computer monitors available, the image colours on our website may vary from the actual fabric colours. Please use the images on this website only as a guide and DO NOT use them to colour match fabric.
- Your items will be delivered as per the couriers transit times. Transit or delivery times are quoted in working days. A working day is Monday - Friday, excluding Public Holidays. These times are not guaranteed. Remote locations can take an extra 1 - 2 working days. During busy periods there can be delays due to the volume of items being sent, please allow an extra day or two for delivery and please check your tracking.
- Compensation claims for loss or damage must be made within 14 days to Quilters Quest. Should you need to make a claim please contact Quilters Quest within 14 days of your item(s) delivery date and we will make the claim on your behalf with the courier. Claims after this time can not be processed. Do not send your claim directly to the courier as it will be refused. Approved claims must be accepted within 7 days. When a claim has been paid out Quilters Quest is no longer liable for the loss or damage associated with the delivery.
- Quilters Quest cannot compensate for additional expenses, purchases or loss of income due to the delay or non delivery of an item.
- Partial courier charge refunds may be offered if your package is severely delayed due to the courier; if your item is delivered 3 working days later than the expected delivery day Quilters Quest may offer partial refunds up to a maximum of 50%.